The video guide shows us how to make our very own willow whistle.
-Find a willow branch with green bark, cut a small wedge into the bark and in the wood.
-Cut into the bark in a ring around the stick at least 2 inches behind the wedge notch.
-Bang on the stick using the knife and remove the bark by just grabbing and twisting. The bark should crack loose from the stick and slide off.
-In this step we enlarge the notch in the stick That's done by cutting from the front edge of the notch and extending to the back edge of the notch by, at least, 3 quarters of an inch. Carve until you get to half way thickness of the stick.
-Shave off a flat plane on top of the stick in front of the notch.
-Slide the bark back on and try blowing.
-Different size sticks can give you different sounds.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades